Survey CADD Technician | Massachusetts
The Survey CADD Technician will be part of the survey team and be responsible for processing the field survey crew data and creating drawings in CADD. The ideal candidate will be flexible and may be involved with supporting field efforts such as survey and leading-edge LiDAR and 3D Laser Scanning services. This position offers flexibility for office and remote work environments.
- Research of deeds and record plans from information obtained from assessors and county records.
- Research of utility information, including initial review and what providers need to be contacted, follow-up, and filing of data received.
- Efficiently plan and prepare CAD drawings using Civil3D and Carlson Survey for a range of projects including; topographic surveys, ALTA/NSPS surveys, boundary surveys, subdivision plats, construction staking surveys, and as-built surveys.
- Create and interpret 3D surface models to create contour maps.
- Prepare construction staking data for field crews using construction plan sets.
- Create points, centerlines and profiles for construction staking.
- Process and interpret survey data collected in the field.
- Maintain and organize digital and paper survey records.
- Collaborate with planners, project managers and engineers regarding projects.
- Interact daily will field crews and provide direction and support for ongoing projects.
- Have the ability for potential field work with survey crews and/or individually to help when needed.
- Have the ability for site inspections, registry research and quality assurance field checks.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Vocational high school diploma or technical college degree.
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Highly organized, detail-driven and conscientious.
- Experience and understanding of project scoping.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit required, must provide samples of models.
- Experience with Navisworks or similar preferred.
- Experience working with point clouds preferred.
- Working knowledge of drawing production, standard construction techniques, and principals.
- Please list all software capabilities and level of experience in resume
Meridian Associates is a 100% employee-owned company and as such we encourage employee participation, innovation, and responsibility. We regularly ask for employee feedback to tailor our package to the needs of our staff. Meridian Associates is proud to offer employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Meridian Associates is committed to providing a non-discriminatory employment environment for its employees. It is our policy to ensure that applicants to Meridian and employees of Meridian are treated equally without regard to their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, military, or veteran status.
Please email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on the first day of employment.